Monday, July 24, 2006

July 22nd - Lyle Lovett in Concert

Everyone off today but I can’t stay away. I move some of the concrete forms outside as we will be needing them soon.

Willy the surveyor shows up to mark the property lines and shoot the existing corners of the old cabin so we can plot them on a site map. I run a dry line along the side of the cabin and hopefully prepare some stakes for where the digging needs to begin on Monday. I need to know too how close the building will be to the property line and after carefully measuring, I find that the bay window will have to be narrowed toward the foundation by 2”. It’s that close.

The back door of the cabin has never closed right and using a screw drill I adjust the back door so it can be locked from inside. Hopefully I can get my tools inside soon and out of the back of my truck. Watching Willy at work is a pleasure as well; he knows the town’s layout better than anyone. He’s a character too and you have to listen to his whispering voice from the tracheotomy he had a while back. Nice guy…

I dropped off some of my old photos for my neighbor Carol and her mother to see. They have been coming here for over 50 years and knew my great Uncle Hartley Lee. Nice folks too.

Tonight I went to Telluride to a Lyle Lovett concert. What a great location, absolutely beautiful and they pack 'em into the ball field where the stage is. Lyle is great especially with his entire band. Donna, my landlord knows him personally, is a great musician herself and gives me a free ticket as her guest. She often takes cares of visiting musicians who play in this area.

People are friendly in Rico.


technorati tags:, ,

No comments: