Friday, July 14, 2006

Welcome to our Project


I purchased this cabin about 15 years ago. It's quite a story & I will tell it soon in another post. The cabin had originally belonged to my great grandfather.

Not much has happened in Rico for quite some time but with the recent passing of a public water/sewer system, development is bound to occur. Located just 25 miles from Telluride, this little place is the last undeveloped town in the San Juan Mountains.

I initially did some foundation work on the place when I first acquired it but haven't done anything in years. Finally, the time has come....

The cabin will get a major renovation with the addition of several other old log cabins and a whole lot of reclaimed materials. I was in Rico in late May & did some demo of an old addition that was nearly falling down.

Today I loaded up two flatbed trucks with a large quantity of materials I have been collecting for some time now. I will head out from my home in Iowa on Monday or Tuesday. By the time of my arrival in Rico, excavation should already be underway.

Check back often for updates & photos of the project. This promises to be one of the most unique houses you've ever seen.

Dave

No comments: