Saturday, November 11, 2006

Nov 11th - Fire It Up




This morning is cold and when I show up at the house, I decide to fire the wood stove up. Within minutes the smoke is pouring out of the new chimney and the old Cub pot belly stove is putting out the heat with only a small amount of wood. By now all the wood scraps have created a large pile of at least a full cord of wood. I also have a huge stack inside the living area waiting to keep the place warm.

Bill and I have given the place a good house cleaning and make sure that the tarps are covering all the different piles of lumber. Snow and/or rain coming in tonight. Bill completes the Tyvek for the entire house this morning and then heads off for the Grand Canyon.

Pat is up on the roof once again. Today he completes the entire main section of the roof and finishes any last minute covering of the master suite with felt paper. We prepare for the oncoming storm. I've gone up to the master suite and covered the window openings the best I can to prevent as much of the storm as possible from entering the building. Later in the afternoon I complete the plumbing on the 2nd floor and begin the plumbing the drain lines from the garage up to the master suite. Hopefully a few more days and I will have the drain lines completed.

No comments: