Thursday, November 09, 2006

Nov 9th - Getting Closer

R. D. and Greenbay have completed the dry in on the roof over the master. Greenbay continues cutting two holes in the roof as I have decided to add to fixed skylights to allow more light in the room.

R.D. and I have added some bracing for the aluminum scaffold on the south side of the master. R.D. is on the roof again, along with Greenbay, and near the end of the day they have nearly completed the rim joist.

I have the great job of using the SIPS hot knife for cutting the edge of the stryofoam panels. The fumes are bad enough that no one wants to be around when the cuts are being made and so with my mask on, I make the cuts on 6 panels to begin the process of getting the roof dried in. Weather is coming soon and we need to get the panels up as quickly as possible tomorrow.

Pat continues on the roof and has it nearly buttoned up. The flashing has been particularly time consuming but he has done a superb job flashing against the master suite wall and fireplace. With another couple of hours we will be complete on the roof. We've picked up Pat's metal brake and used my new power shear for cutting metal and bending it into the flashings we need.

Gary from Adams Overhead Door has stopped by to pick up the steel to face the garage door which will be installed next week. Bob Aikey has also stopped by to give me some direction for installing boxes and wire for the electrical system. Being a master electrician, he will be sure I get the work done properly for our inspection.

Tonight I have stayed late and Greenbay drops by and helps set up our new work lights. By the time I quit for the day I have the entire 1st floor completely plumbed with drain lines up into the 2nd floor. The drain for the washer is now installed as well as the drain for the shower.

No comments: