Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nov 15th - Digging Out

I have had a ton of paperwork to take care of this morning and afternoon and it seems like I haven't done much today. I have been working on proofing the new Vintage Power Wagon's catalog last night until midnight and didn't get my quota for sleep which doesn't help.

R. D. has come back for a few more days of work before he leaves for the holiday. I had him stop at Timberline Hardware in Telluride and pick up a snow rake for me. I hadn't seen these before but they are great. Using extendable aluminum handles that lock together up to 30', the flat aluminum pan on the end with small rubber wheels pulls snow off the roof. We have to get the snow off the north side of the master so the ice can disappear when it warms up. We still have one whole side of the roof to complete the insulated panels on.

Pat has completed the final framing of short knee walls above the bath and master closet upstairs while R.D. has been pulling and pushing snow from the roof. Once he is finished, I go out front and start pulling snow from our metal roofing pile as well as any other materials we will need to complete the roof and floor framing for the 3rd floor under the main roof. It's hard work and I have forgotten just how much fun shoveling snow is.

Later in the afternoon I have completed all the vent lines up to the peak of the roof. Once the roof is ready I have to extend a 3" vent line through the roof and attach the pipe flashing. This is the highest point of the roof.

Pat and R.D. are out on the scaffold on the south side of the house attaching the fascia boards that I picked up in Dolores. We have installed a propane heater inside the master and hopefully after the heat is on, the snow on the north side of the roof will melt.

Greenbay and Bill are on the inside and Greenbay has laid out and installed the rim joists for the 3rd floor. Bill has spent a good part of the day filling in framing between the top log of the garage and the warm board above. This will help make solid the entire structure. The top of the log is far from straight and very curved and so it takes some time to complete it.

Warm weather due tomorrow and we certainly need it. I need to get the roof finished. Was going to take more photos tonight and camera batteries are dead. I will replace them and take more tomorrow.

No comments: