Sunday, August 13, 2006

Aug 11th - It's a Messy Job.......




The remainder of the concrete forms are supposed to be stripped off the walls today, but the crew doesn’t show up as planned.

Joe and I spend the day applying asphalt coating to the foundation walls. It’s a gooey sticky black tar that is rolled on with a roller and brushed into the corners where the foundation wall meets the footings. Really a fun job in the sun, but at least it's not too hot.

By noon I feel like I've been tarred and the only thing missing is the feathers. With many of the forms in the way, we are unable to finish applying the tar to the walls. So Joe and I decide to strip off the outer remaining forms ourselves so we can apply the tar; that way there are only a few sections of the walls that we can’t finish until all the forms are removed.

Hopefully they will show tomorrow and move the forms out. Willie, (real name Willemen Regean) the surveyor comes by today and with Joe holding the survey stick, they plot the actual outside corners of the house. The bank requires this information for plotting the actual final footprint of the house on the lot…tonite my shoulders and wrists ache from rolling tar. I need to bathe in turpentine to get the tar spots off that have soaked thru my jeans…


technorati tags:, , ,

No comments: