Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Aug 13th - Workin' on Sunday



Today I have finished framing the stairwell landing from the existing cabin up to the new level. I also have finished stripping the forms and find out why our concrete guys haven’t been back. The boom truck for lifting the concrete forms onto the truck has a broken hydraulic hose, so we are hoping we will see them before noon on Monday.

I have also cut a section of floor out, near the east wall of the cabin. This will become the chase for running the plumbing pipes for the new bathroom we intend to install at a later date. We had set a 4” plastic sleeve into the concrete wall which will make it easy to run the pipes through.

I have to make a trip down to my “lumber yard” near the highway and I pick up several pieces of pink foam for insulating the cavity under the floor. I have decided that I will do the plumbing for the house and this small section will be easy now that I have a place to run the plumbing.


technorati tags:, ,

No comments: