Tuesday, August 22, 2006

August 21st - 1st Wall Up




Fabian and Dylan are continuing to backfill with gravel and are nearing completion. Hopefully we will be able to pour the foundation for the garage later in the week. The fill will have to be compacted and leveled before the footings go in.

Greenbay continues to complete the cutting and nailing of the first floor warm board and finishes late in the afternoon. My friend, Arthur showed up from Bayfield today on his way to Rifle. Lynn and I had lunch with him down at the convenience store (the only place open for food at 2:30 in the afternoon).

I lay out the south mechanical room exterior wall. I' m a bit rusty at this, it's been a while. Double D has been doing the cutting and by 5 p.m. we have our first wall up on the south side of the mechanical room.

Joe has an electrician pulling the electrical permit and since the underground conduit is now installed all the way up to the mechanical room, by next week we will have electrical service in. Yahoo! This will save us from having to drag cords from my neighbor Carol’s house. Today I plugged my chop saw in and tripped the breaker in the house. Must be a short in my saw. Carol is away and with some luck we were able to find someone who could get us in the house and turn the breaker on. Thank God for great neighbors!

After hours tonite I started working on the plumbing and by 8 pm tonight I have finished roughing in the drain and vent lines inside the old cabin.


technorati tags:, ,

No comments: