Friday, August 11, 2006

Aug 7th - Organization is Key!!

More house fix up as Lynn and I continually try and find places to put things.

Joe & I go down to the road and redo the Dutch oven. We’ve had another tank of gas delivered and this time will turn it up full blast. I sure hope this works. We’ve shortened the back of the cover and filled in any air gaps to help get the heat as high as we can. We have had to relight the heater again as there was not enough oxygen for it to burn.

This afternoon I’ve been on-line researching insulated structural panels for use on the roof. Joe and I agree that this could be a great efficient way to insulate the roofs on the entire house. Lots of varying prices and a learning curve about the product. Turns out a non-structural panel appears to be the way to go.

I still have 3 claw-foot tubs in Iowa that need refinishing and doing some research I find two tub refinishers within 100 miles with better prices than Iowa. My neighbor, Mark, will deliver them to the refinisher on his way out for a visit next month. I can hardly wait until the concrete is poured and begin framing and backfilling. I can be pretty impatient, but here in Rico, things take more time.

Joe has ordered the lumber. We hope to have it dried in by early October. We have a lot to do…

No comments: