Friday, August 11, 2006

July 30th - Visiting the relatives

A trip to Cortez today to pick up supplies and keep working on the small place we will call home for the next couple months.

I just miss the hardware store closing at 4 p.m. With a 100 mile round trip down here, I need to plan more carefully.

I stopped in an antique shop that was open and bought a neat WWII original coloring book…right up my alley. I also stopped and visited with my cousin, Grace. Grace has recently restored the log cabin she was born in and now her niece, Molly, is spending the summer living in the cabin with no electricity or running water. Turns out that the lady running the antique store is Grace’s cousin -- small world.

This evening I stopped up on the river to see my Aunt Virginia. I haven’t seen her in several years and find she hasn’t changed a bit. I always love seeing her. Her granddaughter, Mary Beth, and her boyfriend are visiting as well.

No comments: