Saturday, October 21, 2006

Oct. 21st - Firewood

Today I spent the entire day cutting up scrap lumber that has been building in a huge pile on the south patio. I have stacked a full wall of firewood in the north cabin and hopefully soon we will have the wood stove hooked up. Once the windows and doors are in we can at least work inside, even with the cold weather coming.

I have cut a lot of the oak strips that we staightlined off the roof decking into small kindling. Tomorrow I will drop several boxes off at Stoner for Mary Jane who can certainly use it to keep warm. I have been using the chop saw and Lynn spends some time helping me cut up the remains of the huge pile. Excess wood we don't have room for is piled near the north fence and I will cover it so the snow doesn't bury it for the winter.

Barbara has returned today with her friend and they now have completed chinking on both the original spruce and the north aspen cabin. It looks superb.

No comments: