Sunday, October 29, 2006

Oct 29th - Restack & Plumbing



In the last few days we have disassembled several piles of lumber to try and find a few straight long 1 x12's we can use for the fascia. Lumber is spread all over the yard and needs to be restacked. Today I start by cutting up any scrap lumber to stove size and cover the huge pile of firewood on the north side of the house. I have restacked the piles of barnwood and they are ready to cover.

I've taken Max for a walk this afternoon and then drive to the top of Silver Street to check out Cody and Anika's progress on their new log home. It's exciting to see their great progress; just the two of them working like crazy to get their roof on.

In the afternoon I return to the house and am about to begin the plumbing, when a visitor shows up. It's Pete, my cousin's friend, who I visited several weeks ago. I enjoy his company and he seems to enjoy the tour of the house. He is a talented welder and artist and we seem to have some common interests.

Afterwards, I tackle the plumbing and begin by cutting holes in the floor and wall in the 2nd floor bath. It's going well except for my breaking a fitting. Still, I've made some good progress on this beautiful warm, sunny day.

No comments: