Monday, October 09, 2006

Oct 9th - Partial Roof On

Greenbay and I have managed to install the barge rafters with Pat's help. Pat cuts the 1 x 6's of oak planks to length while Greenbay and I nail them up. We have concentrated on the short sections of the roof over the west bedroom. Up on the roof is no picnic, but I am suprisingly okay off the ground at 30' . Pat clambers up on the roof like it was no big deal and helps me get the roofing felt nailed down and the plastic tarps back in place.

This morning our shipment of roof panels has arrived from Jerome, Idaho. The light weight panels fill a full semi-trailer and Pat does a superb and quick job of getting them unloaded. Once unloaded we stack them on the north side of the garage. I've quickly arranged for the same truck driver to pick up the Power Wagon I purchased a few months ago. We've attached a chain on the front winch and using the material handler Pat lifts the front of the truck high enough that the driver can back the trailer underneath it. Once up, we pick up the back of the truck and lift it up to the same level. I start the truck and in 4wd pull forward slowly while Pat slowly pushes me forward onto the trailer.

Before we quit, we've gone down to the yard near the highway to do a final cleanup of debris left on the lot where we had the lumber stored. It's drizzling now and snow on the way tonite.

No comments: