Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sept 23rd - Welcome Sunshine!




A warm sunny day all day.

I drop off the all-thread couplers at Tom Bennets and pick them up later once he has welded nuts on the end. This will help me use a smaller thread size on the all threads we will use to attach the logs together.

We’ve removed the plastic tarps from the concrete to let them dry out even further. We remove the forms from the slabs we poured a couple of days ago.

Hagen is back today and begins tile construction on the fireplace. We have to get the stove pipe tied into the chimney at this point and the two elbows I bought yesterday work perfectly for the job.

I have reinforced the south wall of the mechanical room with more studs to help hold the weight of the concrete slab and the steel balcony. I have also filled in framing on the south wall to get the correct rough in sizes on the door and window on this wall. Joe and Greenbay have framed the two north walls upstairs for the 2 bedrooms and begin on the east wall. In a few days we should be ready for beams and rafter and soon a roof.

I have cut a hole in the 2nd floor around the chimney. Mike will continue another 20’ overhead with the concrete block all the way above the peak of the roof. Before I leave, I have pulled off the form on the south side of the garage slab and find a small void under the tin we laid down. I end up using the leftover mortar Hagen left to begin filling the void.

It's great that it won’t be snowing tonite.


technorati tags:, , , ,

No comments: