Monday, September 04, 2006

Sept 3rd - Hut, hut, hike.......













Lynn and I, along with Max, went for a long walk up the mountain today. What a beautiful day! The weather was perfect & along the way we enjoyed beautiful wild flowers and even a hint of color as some of the aspens have begun to turn already. From a high vantage point we could see the tiny town of Rico far below us. The 3 hour hike wore Max out but he had so much fun & just loves going for walks with us. He was a muddy mess, almost unrecognizable as a white dog, by the time we were done.

We enjoyed a delicious brunch at an outdoor table at the Argentine Grill. Afterwards, I went back to work by myself.

I have cut the top of the south log wall off to accept one of the reclaimed rim joists. Once the cut is complete, I find a dry-rotted problem area in the top log…nearly 3” deep and about 3’ long. It has to be cut out. I make a clean cut with the Bigfoot saw and take out the rotted section and replace it with a section from another log.

By the end of the day I have the outer rim joist up over the south log wall. This week we should begin installing the exposed beams over the kitchen and dining room.


technorati tags:, , ,

No comments: