Monday, September 25, 2006

Sept 25th - Blog on

Pat and I are down at the yard treating the lumber that needs attention. He has a mixture of Clorox and water spraying some of the moldy boards that didn’t get covered and got wet over the last 2 months. I have a brush and go after the oak material that I found had powder post beetle problems with the Boracare. By 3 pm we have restacked and stickered much of the piles of lumber and reorganized it so it will be easier to get out with the forklift. We have to make room on the hill above the house soon as we will only have the forklift for 3 more weeks.

The weather forecast looks good now for at least 10 days. Joe and Greenbay are completing the many small areas of framing we needed on the first floor as well as completing the nailing of the OSB.

Alpine lumber was supposed to show by noon and instead dropped by at 6:30. Tomorrow we have enough material to complete the framing for the 2nd floor walls and hopefully the 2 remaining outer walls will get framed.

Pat and I finish out the afternoon preparing the garage with logs. I’ve actually pulled out the first log that I know will need to be cut flat on the bottom, patched a rotten area and glued and screwed in a new piece to replace the rotten cut out. This log is only 5’ long and takes two guys to handle, solid oak 6’ x 15”!

I’ve lost my glasses somewhere along the way and rewalk everywhere I was today with no luck; my glasses may be gone for good…I hope they turn up.

No comments: