Monday, September 11, 2006

Sept 9th - Rain Again!!!

Greenbay is working on the final section of top logs on the cabin, trying to prepare it for floor joists; however the weather is not cooperating.

 Lynn and I have gone to Cortez again for our weekly shopping and to pick up my truck at the Dodge dealer. The truck has its old power again and is much easier to drive now that the engine and power steering have been repaired. I make a stop at Belt Salvage again; this time to pick up more 4” angle iron for Mike Hagen to use in building the Rumford fireplace. He has ordered material and will begin on Wednesday.

A few more stops at the hardware store and an antique shop, where I have had my eye on an old red rocking chair. It obviously has come out of an old ranch house and has many names, initials and dates carved into the arms, some of which are over 100 years old. I buy the darned thing…It’s a great old rocker and will look right at home next to a roaring fire someday in the house.

We’ve stopped by my cousin Gale’s house on the way out of town. He has donated an old weathered beam from his ranch and I will find a place to use it in the house. We take a nice walk out on the irrigation canal that runs through his ranch. What a backdrop - Mesa Verde National Park borders the south end of the ranch.

It has been sunny, but as we head up the canyon again toward Rico, it's obvious it’s raining and has been a good part of the day. Greenbay has had to stop 3 times and cover things up and finally gives up. I call Fabian to tell him I have picked up the electrical items needed to complete the 220 volt hookup he has wanted for sometime. In about 2 hours we flip the breaker and plug his wire feed welder in for a test run. Seems to work great. I have traded him the 220 hookup for some shop time use in building the steel stair landing. It won’t take much to put it together now.


technorati tags:, , , ,

No comments: